First things first my hermanos and hermanas from another madre! Wherever you are in this crazy, funny, insane, strange, weird and all put together in an unlabeled bottle, planet of ours, good morning, good afternoon, good evening or good night. As always, enjoy it to the fullest and do not to let nobody fuck it up for you no matter what happens. Also, remember to be yourself, but keep in mind, not to be a dick or an asshole to others, because we are already filled to capacity with those and we won’t be able to handle another one.
On a sober note! Today is Saturday November 17, 2018 and that means that I have been sober for four months and thirty days or even better yet, one hundred fifty-two days in total. I have to say, that sobriety has really helped me deal with my anxiety, bipolar II disorder, depression and OCD. I really feel fucking great!
For those of you out there in the blogosphere, AKA my loyal 1.5 readers, who might not know it, my wife and I officially started dating exactly on October 2, 1987 (She has made sure that I never forget that date). Back then she was fifteen and I was seventeen. As a matter of fact, just last month, on October 2, 2018, we celebrated our thirty-first anniversary. Woo-Hoo!
Hey look, to be honest with you, we are proud, happy and still very much in love after all these years. But just like any other young couple, at first we had a lot of ups and downs. But trust me, I don’t regret anything, because as we were getting used to being young parents and living together, we learned a lot about each other.
As you might know by now, I’m no expert, but there are a few things that I can tell young couples, that I wished I was told back in the days, but was not.
- Respect each another.
- Trust each other.
- If something about you is bothering your partner, listen, then fix it.
- If something about your partner is bothering you, say something, because humans can’t read minds.
- Once is a mistake. Twice is a pattern. Three times is a habit.
- Nobody wears the so-called pants in the home.
- Regardless of sex and or income, a relationship is 50/50.
- It takes two people to procreate babies and also two to take care of them.
- Always include your partner in every decision, no matter how meaningless, you might think it is.
- If you didn’t understand something that your partner did or say, say something.
- Value your partner’s opinion and input, don’t dismiss them, just because.
- Put yourself in your partner’s shoes.
- Be open-minded.
With that said! I am Audi 5000 y’all!